Manager - Employee Housing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
The Employee Housing Manager is responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance and administration of Stratton Mountain Resort Employee Housing. This includes coordinating lease agreement preparation with homeowners, employees, and outside contractors. S/he is responsible for maintaining rent records, security deposits, and assisting with budget compliance. S/he performs diversified duties of analyzing and advising on employee and/or owner complaints, overseeing end of season clean-up, repair work, and deposit reimbursement. Position requires on-site management of employee housing units. Must be able to manage conflicts and issues of varied nature between tenants, property owners, and the resort as they arise in a professional and fair manner. This is a salaried, full time, year round position.
* Select, train and supervise Resident Assistants (RAs) and meet with them regularly. Consult with BU leaders when needed regarding employee issues, including overdue rent.
* With guidance from the Housing Committee, determine housing needs of departments and fulfill those needs as efficiently and fairly as possible.
* Responsible for coordinating housing assignments with new employees and the hiring supervisors. Accepts and documents the applications and deposits received.
* Prepares and explains details of lease, sub-lease agreements with owners, employees and if needed, non-employees. Communicates the rules and policies of employee housing. Timely filling of housing vacancies that may occur.
* Coordinates the security deposit and rent collection, reimbursement and bookkeeping.
* Conducts unit inventories and regular unit inspections. Coordinates all maintenance upkeep, repairs, and work orders needed with the Maintenance Department as well as outside contractors. Follows up as necessary to ensure maintenance requests have been completed.
* Responsible for assisting VP of Hospitality with employee/owner/property management dispute resolution. When necessary, communicates corrective action, and/or eviction notices.
* Manage the processes for accounting revenue (rent payments, deposits, other fees) and expenses (deposit refunds, invoices for services and supplies.)
* Reconcile monthly period end reports; submit variance reports and forecasting in a timely effort.
* Oversees employee housing set-up and end of the season housing clean-up, repair work and deposit reimbursement.
* Supervise and maintain all buildings and units to maintain a safe & functioning housing environment.
* Organize employee shuttle transportation.
* Works closely with outside vendors, employee housing maintenance and other Stratton employees for quick, efficient, cost effective cleanings and repairs.
* Assists and works closely with the committee and VP of Hospitality for Business Planning, budgeting and capital projects.
* Develop and update Employee Housing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Continually seeks to improve Employee Housing, the employee experience, and increase revenue.
* Knowledgeable about and meets or exceeds applicable standards including but not limited to county building codes and OSHA standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
* One year in a supervisory position or equivalent
* Demonstrated experienced in conflict resolution and managing difficult situations to reach a mutually beneficial outcome.
* Property management experience very desirable
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* General knowledge of Basic bookkeeping or accounting
* Proficient in MS Office programs, advanced Excel use is very desirable, e-mail/Internet operation and demonstrated ability to learn other programs quickly is required.
* Able to work independently and take initiative without continual oversight from HR Director
* Ability to collaborate with others including internal and external customers, employees and guests
* Passionate about outdoor sports, resort life and Vermont
* Valid Vermont driver's license, with a record that meets Stratton's driver standards
* Local travel between Stratton and housing locations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Loading some great jobs for you...