At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We are actively looking for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
As a member of Data Product Development reporting to the Directory of Technology and Innovation, you will be responsible for implementing systems that ensure our products consistently deliver quality and value to our customers. You will work within an existing technology ecosystem but will be able to use your creativity and problem-solving skills to help Pitney Bowes continuously improve our data production systems. As a Principal Software Engineer you will be both designing and implementing solutions! This position will be based out of White River Junction, VT. However, we will consider NY, NH, MA, CT, PA locations and ME.
- Be responsible for developing software alongside other Senior Software Engineers, while sharing, learning and collaborating on a daily basis.
- Evaluate existing problems, identifying bottlenecks and recommending solutions to the Director of Technology and Innovation.
- Create systems that manage, collect, control and report on quality systems at Pitney Bowes. In doing so, you will help us move from Quality Control (finding errors) to Quality Assurance (preventing errors.)
- You will take part in all aspects of software lifecycle: requirements analysis, architecture, design, development, reviews, automation, testing, integration, configuration management, and troubleshooting.
- You will work as an integral member of a self-directed agile development team employing a Scrum-based methodology.
- Continuous improvement is part of our DNA, you are encouraged to find new way to do things that will continuously improves daily work.
- Champion and lead change where needed to support the Data Product Development strategy.
- Stay current on new technologies.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you have:
- At least 7+ years of relevant software development experience in building products leveraging modern technologies and techniques in software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent preferred.
- Strong experience deploying technologies to the AWS Cloud.
- Comfortable with the Tenants of Agile and using related project management tools such as Scrum, Jira, etc. We use several JetBrains tools, including IntelliJ for development.
- Experience in full stack web application development, although you will have support for GUI development and will be concentrating on the back end.
- Know how to build service-oriented architectures that leverage RESTFul web services.
- Able to work independently as well as within a geographically distributed scrum development team.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver on commitments on-time all the time with quality.
- Proactive & willing to take challenging technical initiatives that may be completely new.
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve software problems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are important.
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Associated topics: application, back end, c++, c#, matlab, sde, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw